F-One convertible drag?

Door: waitz Reacties: 2 Hits: 1087
waitz 23 November / 2018 / 14:10

I'm looking into a foil board, and I'm drawn towards a convertible board, so that I don't just add more gear.
I have used f-one for many years, and I like the quality. Does anyone have experience with the f-one Mitu or Slice convertible?

• Does the box create drag in the water when surfing without the foil?
  • Does the shape of the convertible board make it more difficult to lift onto the foil when foiling?

Thanks

waitz had een 0 sterren sessie in Bergen aan Zee met maar liefst 30 - 34 knots op zijn F-One Bandit 8 (2015)

F-OneBNLX 26 November / 2018 / 10:33

Hi Waitz,

Marc from F-One Benelux here.

Thank you for asking those questions and showing interest in our gear. Below my answers to your questions.

1) Feedback from F-One International is that the board does not have considerable drag due to the twinrail box when kiting.

2) When I was learning to kitefoil, I tested the Slice prototype board, and found it to be a very easy and intuitive board to start foiling on. The Slice is easier to learn on than a Mitu. This for the following reasons:

- board is compact (noseless), and has a good amount of volume; easy to get on the board, before doing a takeoff.

- because the board has a long/slim desing, it is very easy to keep your weight in front of the foil, so more control, than shorter foil boards.

- having the footstraps in line with the board also made it easy to get on the board and ride it. I suggest you only use on in the front when learning.

Let me know if this was helpful, and good luck in making a decision.

PS the Slice comes in two sizes 5.1 / 5.3 - I weigh 75kgs and use the 5.1.

waitz 30 November / 2018 / 16:19

Great, thank you for the input Marc. I met you on one of the foil testing days of vandenberg this autumn. I think I'll get the slice ;-)

waitz had een 0 sterren sessie in Bergen aan Zee met maar liefst 30 - 34 knots op zijn F-One Bandit 8 (2015)