waar kiten in februari

Door: DVM Reacties: 9 Hits: 3942
DVM 24 October / 2013 / 19:46
ik zou graag in februari gaan kiten in aangename temperaturen met voldoende wind.
Welke landen raden jullie aan?

Staka 24 October / 2013 / 21:35
El Gouna, mocht op het moment ook best wel goedkoop zij met al die drama in Egypte, hoewel er daar niets van te merken is.
Vanaf waar ben je van plan te vertrekken (vliegveld)?

Staka had een 5 sterren sessie in Vlissingen, Boulevard met maar liefst 35 - 40 knots op zijn Liquid-Force Hifi (2009)

Morres 24 October / 2013 / 21:37
budget?

Ik zeg: SA Kaapverdie (nieuwe egypte )

Morres had een 0 sterren sessie in Harlingen met maar liefst 0 - 0 knots op zijn Gaastra Jekyll (2013)

Staka 24 October / 2013 / 21:43
@Morres klopt is ook fantastisch maar dan zit je idd wel met je budget en de vliegtijd die echt horror is.

En als we toch al zo ver weg gaan dan mag Cabarete (domrep) er ook bij

Staka had een 5 sterren sessie in Vlissingen, Boulevard met maar liefst 35 - 40 knots op zijn Liquid-Force Hifi (2009)

Yoram 24 October / 2013 / 22:36
Februari is zeker Kaapstad.
Eventueel Paje, Zanzibar (maar daar hoorde ik het afgelopen jaar wat minder goede verhalen over qua wind)....
Yoram

Yoram had een 3 sterren sessie in Murrebue met maar liefst 16 - 21 knots op zijn Ozone C4 (2014)

mvandijk 24 October / 2013 / 22:58
Quote: Morres - 24 oktober, 2013 (22:37)
budget?Ik zeg: SA Kaapverdie (nieuwe egypte )
Kaapverdie = nieuwe egypte ?

Of the 10 islands, 2 are truly different from the rest and may has some similarities with Egypt (sun, warm water, dry, not that much else to do, all-inclusive hotels), but even for these 2 you could list as many differences with Egypt.

As for the other 8 islands: they are VERY different from Egypt.

If you are referring to mass-tourism seen in Sal and Boa Vista as the similarity, this is where the similarity stops. Unlike the governement of Egypt, the governement of Cape Verde is sticking with a long term plan to avoid most of the other islands becoming mass-tourism destinations. For instance, Sao Vicente, Santo Antao, Sao Nicolau, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava are tailored to cultural, nature, adventure and exclusive (future) tourism. Santa Lucia is a nature reserve (humans not allowed, not even tourists ).

Herrie 25 October / 2013 / 17:47
Snowkite trip van Versus!!!
Cheers! Herrie

Herrie had een 5 sterren sessie in Prea met maar liefst 20 - 25 knots op zijn Wainman Hawaii Rabbit Smoke (2012)

Morres 25 October / 2013 / 20:24
Quote: mvandijk - 25 oktober, 2013 (00:58)
Quote: Morres - 24 oktober, 2013 (22:37)budget?Ik zeg: SA Kaapverdie (nieuwe egypte )Kaapverdie = nieuwe egypte ?Of the 10 islands, 2 are truly different from the rest and may has some similarities with Egypt (sun, warm water, dry, not that much else to do, all-inclusive hotels), but even for these 2 you could list as many differences with Egypt.As for the other 8 islands: they are VERY different from Egypt.If you are referring to mass-tourism seen in Sal and Boa Vista as the similarity, this is where the similarity stops. Unlike the governement of Egypt, the governement of Cape Verde is sticking with a long term plan to avoid most of the other islands becoming mass-tourism destinations. For instance, Sao Vicente, Santo Antao, Sao Nicolau, Santiago, Maio, Fogo and Brava are tailored to cultural, nature, adventure and exclusive (future) tourism. Santa Lucia is a nature reserve (humans not allowed, not even tourists ).
Hey bijdehante flapdrol, zoals je in eerdere topics waar jij ook constant reageert had kunnen LEZEN, weet ik da wel. Je post dit wss puur en alleen zodat mensen jou contacten en lekker bij jou komen chillen om wat euros te verdienen, maar no-one likes an smartass.

Kiters gaan in CV alleen maar Sal, de rest is slechter bereikbaar en stukken minder kitevriendelijk. Ja het is er mooier, maar hij vraagt een ktievakantie en daar is Sal erg goed voor, niet duur, bijna op het strand en geen agressieve verkopers, maar chille locals die niet moeilijk doen als je niks koopt.

Morres had een 0 sterren sessie in Harlingen met maar liefst 0 - 0 knots op zijn Gaastra Jekyll (2013)

mvandijk 26 October / 2013 / 09:32
@ Morres

Sorry to have stepped on your toes!

I’m in Cape Verde to help locals and to make sure that are guests are satisfied. Money is of secondary importance.
Sal and Boa Vista are getting plenty of help. The other islands (including Sao Vicente and Santo Antao) are not.

So when something is written for anyone to see and is giving a false impression about something I know a lot about and I care about, I write to correct it. I assume that getting correct information is appreciated by those that read a forum. I am also assuming that even when messages are contradicting or seem unreliable (because I am not impartial), they can do some fact finding.

So here are points in your last post that are not entirely correct:
• “De rest is slechter bereikbaar”. That is partly true: Sal has 8 direct flights per week and Sao Vicente has only 2 direct flights per week from Amsterdam.
• Andere eilanden zijn “stukken minder kitevriendelijk”. I would argue that it is actually the reverse. Santa Maria has partly off-shore gusty wind. Same for Ponta Preta. Kitebeach can be super busy to the extent that your get in each-others way. Also at kitebeach the beach (at high tide) is fairly narrow. There are no real flat water areas to speak of and you have some rocks to be aware of. Last time I visited kitebeach, there was no rescue boat available and the kitecenters were too busy to check the safety of each kiter. At Salamansa in Sao Vicente we have a huge, wide beach, cross to cross-onshore wind, only on distinct area of rocks you can easily see and avoid, just sand when you walk into the water. The wind at Salamansa is slightly stronger (1-2 knots) and you have plenty of space on the water. We even have an area of flat water where we go to teach the waterstart. We also have a rescue boat ready in the water and staff that is constantly on the lookout for the safety of all kiters.
• Your statment about “agressieve verkopers, maar chille locals die niet moeilijk doen als je niks koopt” is even more true for the other islands.

Herrie 26 October / 2013 / 15:29
Whow. Hanglos heeft een upgrade gehad met zijn eigen translate machine.

Gezellie!
Cheers! Herrie

Herrie had een 5 sterren sessie in Prea met maar liefst 20 - 25 knots op zijn Wainman Hawaii Rabbit Smoke (2012)